http://www.REIClub.com – Turnkey Properties Can Be A Good Investment Opportunity. Here’s What You Need To Know About Turnkey Property…
Hi, this is Frank Chen with REIClub.com, your link to creative real estate. Today I’ve got a quick video explaining what turnkey investments are…
Turnkey Investment Property:
Turnkey investments are typically properties that have been fully rehabbed, are tenant occupied, cash flowing, and have management in place.
Turnkey properties are passive forms of real estate investing, best for busy professionals or investors who simply don’t want to put in that much work themselves, but still would like to own rental property.
Benefits of Investing in Turnkey Property
– Not a lot of experience needed
– Property is usually part of an established turnkey investment system
– In-house management, repair crews
– More Referral opportunity to grow portfolio
– Low vacancy periods –
– Don’t have to deal with tenants
– Add a new stream of revenue (out-of-state), in addition to your independently owned
– Biggest advantage is reduction in time – manage the manager
Cons of Investing in Turnkey Property
– Not good if you’re looking for something more hands-on – less to control
– Not all turnkey properties / companies are reputable
– Lots of time and research needed to find a good turnkey property
– Cashflow is very dependent on local market economics
– Owning multiple properties may cause financial strain in down markets – may require large cash buffer
– Costs are frequently overstated – Lower ROI – Higher purchase price equals less monthly cash flow (possibly make more if you did the rehab yourself)
Turnkey investment properties tend to be good options for busy investors with extra capital laying around. Turnkey real estate provides the luxury of owning real estate, and cash flow, without all the headaches of landlording. But keep in mind, you can still be taken advantage of if you don’t know your stuff. So like all your investments, you must do your due diligence to make sure you’re making a wise decision with your hard earned dollars.
Again, this is Frank Chen with REIClub.com. Please take the time to leave your comments for this video below and please subscribe to our YouTube channel so you’ll be automatically notified when we upload more quick video tips for you. Take care and good investing.